The Meaning of Namaste

 Many people aske me what Namaste means, so i thought give a definion of what it means to me and others. Namaste comes from the Sanskrit word namah te. Namaste is pronounced Nam-a-stay. In Sanskrit namah means "bow, obeisance, reverntial salutation, adoration". Te is the durative of the personal pronoun tvam , "you". A literal translation of Namaste (namah te) is thus "reverential salutation to you". It is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with the hands pressed together, palms touching, in front of the chest called Gassho.  "I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides. I honor the place in you, where lies: Love, Light, Truth and Beauty. I honor the place in you, where if you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, then we are ONE." Enjoy : ) . I hope you enjoy my definion of the world Namaste. Often t times one will use this as greeting to say hello or goodbye. It is a common greeting for Yoga or Reiki practitioners, but the meaning is far more then greeting. Namaste.    





                   

No comments:

Post a Comment